Have you ever thought about visiting beautiful places like Zanzibar and Dar Es Salaam as a nigerian? Then you must be wondering if nigerians need to apply for a tourist visa to go to Tanzania.
Unfortunately, they cannot. Nigerians cannot apply for a tourist visa at the tanzanian embassy. Nigerian citizens belong to the list of people who need a referred visa to travel to Tanzania.
A referred visa is a visa application sent to the Director of Immigration in Dar Es Salaam for its approval. They basically need to check if you are a threat to their country and once it is clear you are not, you will have your visa.
What are the requirements?
Well, these are the requirements:
- Visa application form filled.
- Clear passport size photograph.
- Copy of Passport/Travel document (bio-data page) which must be valid for at least six months on proposed date of entry.
- Introduction letter from Employer.
- Clear copy of resident/ work permits.
- Invitation letter from host in Tanzania explaining relationship between host and applicant and signed by the host (invitations by email which are usually not signed are unacceptable).
- Host’s copy of ID or Passport if visiting an individual. If host is non-Tanzanian, then a copy of their resident permit..
Details of the host should be clearly stated both in the invitation letter and valid application form.
- Postal address including postal code
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
How long does it take to get an answer?
The problem with this visa is that it takes up to 3 months to get an answer so if you are in a hurry, you will have to cancel your trip to Tanzania. If you are not in a hurry and have all the time in the world to wait, then you can apply in your nearest tanzanian embassy.
How much does it cost?
The referred visa costs 50USD.
Do i need to buy the tickets before applying?
It is not advisable to buy flight tickets or book anything before your visa is approved as the visa could be denied and you would have lost all or part of the money. The best is to wait and once you get the visa approval, you’re ready to go.
If you have any more doubts, please, let us know.