DAY1: -Arrival – Zanzibar
(GIVEN FLIGHT) – Meet & Greet at Zanzibar Airport Drive strait your hosting beach resort/Hotel
Dinner & Overnight at Amaan Bungalows/lANGI lANGI/FUN BEACH HOTEL/CASA DEL MAR
– DAY AT LEISURE
DAY2: Proposed full Day –Safari Blue Excursion
A full day excursion on traditional sailing dhows, Sa¬fari Blue starts from Fumba, the perfect starting point to explore Menai Bay, an official Conser¬vation Area. Home to beautiful uninhabited islands, the area is stunning, frequented by hump-back and bottlenose dolphins.
On arrival at Fumba, clients are given a briefing on Safari Blue and then you board your dhow and you’re off to explore the bay. Dolphins are sighted on approximately 90% of trips. Anchor is dropped at the Kwale sandbank, where sunshades are set up and guests have the chance to go snorkelling in the coral reefs, helped by the guides.
After snorkelling, you’ll be of¬fered refreshments to whet your appetite before heading to Kwale Island, for lunch under the tam¬arind trees. Drinks are served throughout the day and lunch is a buffet of grilled fish, lobster, calamari, chicken and rice, with a tasting of tropical fruits.
After lunch, you can sunbathe, snooze or visit the beautiful mangrove lagoon. Depending on the tide, you may be able to take a swim in the lagoon. For the adventurous, join the crew to sail in an “ngalawa”, a local outrig¬ger canoe but be careful not to tip the boat! Then it’s back to Fumba for around 5:30pm.
• Swim wear, towel and water resistant shoes for walking over coral.
• Water resistant bag for cameras and other valuables.
• Sunscreen and Hat.
DAY3: Stone Town City Tour
(Half Day Trip 09:00 – 12:30hrs)
Follow the trail of the sultans, slaves and explorers in the winding streets of Stone Town. Your guide will tell you about the events that shaped Zanzibar, leading you through the buildings where it all happened, such as the former Slave Market and Anglican Cathedral, the House of Wonders and the Sultans’ Palace Museum, the Old Arab Fort and Dispensary.
While tracing the steps of the past, the walking tour provides you with a window into modern life in Stone Town. Explore the markets, seafood and fish piled in the fish market, fresh loaves of bread in wicker baskets and the neat stacks of fruit and vegetables as traders sell their wares from their stalls. Children play in the streets in the residential areas, mamas sit out and gossip while the men play board games. An optional stop at The Zanzibar Coffee House provides a rest from the heat and hustle and bustle. A selection of drinks, local sweets & seasonal fruits act as the perfect pick me up, for you to continue your tour.
The City Tour is very flexible and can be adapted suit your interest and time frame, if you’re a shopaholic, culture vulture or history buff. If you want to hunt for antiques and souvenir shop, follow David Livingstone’s time in Zanzibar and walk the path of the slave trade, your guide can recommend and develop routes and itineraries that will optimise your time and get the most out of your trip.
• Closed walking or hiking shoes.
• Please dress conservatively when walking through Stone Town.
• Women should cover their shoulders and wear long skirts or trousers
DAY4: – Arrival – Kilimanjaro Airport-Arusha –Tarangire (2hrs drive)
- Pick up from your hotel at 06:30Am Transfer to Airport for your scheduled flight to Arusha @08:30am.
- Arrive in Arusha at 10:40 – Meet & Greet at Arusha Airport – With Escort of our professional drive/guides with your lunch boxes ready you will proceed with your day one adventure in Tarangire national park.
- Tarangire National Park very famous for its elephant population. Here you will have unique experience seeing nature combine with original way of life of Masaai. Tarangire offers unparalleled game viewing, and during the dry season elephants abound. Families of the pachyderms play around the ancient trunks of baobab trees and strip acacia bark from the thorn trees for their afternoon meal. Breathtaking views of the Masaai Steppe and the mountains to the south make a stop at Tarangire a memorable experience. There after you drive to your hosting Lodge (Twiga Lodge at Mto Wa Mbu area,close to the border of Lake Manyara National park.
- Dinner and overnight at the Lodge. Twiga Lodge.
- Meal Plan: FB
DAY5: – Lake Manyara Ful day game drive.
- Early breakfast and drive to Lake Manyara for full day game drive, Evening game drive…Continue with your picnic-lunch to Lake Manyara National Park for Game Drives. With the Lake on its east and the Manyara Escarpment to its west the Lake Manyara National Park offers breathtaking views and a large variety of habitats – acacia woodlands, water forests, baobab strewn cliffs, algaestreaked hot springs, swamps and the lake itself. In the afternoon continue to Karatu to visit the market and surroundings.
- Dinner and overnight / Octagon lodge-karatu.. – Full Board Basis
DAY6: – Lake Manyara –Serengeti National Park-(2/30hrs drive)
- Early breakfast, collect picnic lunch boxes and drive through Ngorongoro conservation area on your way to Serengeti .Meet the Endless Plain of Serengeti national park at the border of Ngorongor conservation are, You will have a stunning view of Serengeti national park endless plain where the eyes meets the sky on your way gaming. Afternoon/evening game drive and overnight at Acacia Serengeti Camp.
- Meal Plan: FB
DAY7:– Serengeti N Park FULL DAY
– Early breakfast, today you have full day game drive in Serengeti, Early Serengeti forms together with Kenya’s Maasai Mara Game Reserve,
Africans most famous wildlife park. The annual wildebeest migration through both of these parks, is the largest mass movement of land mammals on the planet – with more than a million animals following the rain. But that is not where the game viewing ends: large prides of lions, elephants and giraffes in the grassland, gazelles and elands just to mention a few. In the late afternoon return to your camp and enjoy a private sundowner with your group.
Dinner & over night at Acacia Serengeti Camp
Meal Plan: FB
DAY8: – Serengeti – Ngoro Ngoro Crater-(2/30hrs drive)
- In the morning depart with picnic-lunch to Ngorongoro Crater. Descent into the Crater to view game on the vast grasslands of the crater floor.
Spectacular animal life can be found throughout the year due to the permanent availability of grass and water. Local wildlife includes
black manned lion, the highly endangered black rhino, wildebeest, zebra, elephant, hippo, jackal, and hyena. In the late afternoon continue to Karatu to your hosting Lodge.
- Dinner and overnight Twiga Lodge/– Full Board Basis
DAY9: Departure from from M/mbu – Kilimanjaro Airport
- 08:00AM Sharp! after breakfast, walk to nearby Maasai Boma to experience the culture of Maasai Tribe. Their way of living, visit their bomas, mingle with Maasai women making handcrafts and jewelers, Get a chance to dance with them singing welcome Maasai Dance!
You will have chance to explore their hand-made jewelers where you can buy for gifting your beloved one when you get back home (earrings, bracelets, necklaces and a lot of handcrafts).
- There after drive to Kilimanjaro Airport for your flight back home.
We hope you will ENJOY your life time Adventure in Safari & a fabulous stay in Zanzibar.
- Park entrance fees in all national parks
- Full board accommodation
- Game drives as indicated in the itinerary
- All airport transfers
- Domestic flight from Zanzibar to Arusha
- Flying doctors evacuation insurance
- All lunches while on transit
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide
- Transport in an air conditioned and clean safari Land cruiser with pop up roof for game viewing and photography
- Park fees for vehicle and driver
- Applicable government taxes
- Safari vehicles (4WD Land Cruiser) driven by experienced Germany speaking driver guides.
- All sightseeing and game viewing as shown
- All Ground Transfers in Zanzibar
- Extras at the lodges i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Tips or gratuities to guide/driver
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks during safari & when in Dar Es Salaam
- Laundry services
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Any other item not included in the itinerary