If you asked the average nigerian how many visa free countries they can go to, they would probably not be sure about it.
Well, we’re here to give you good news. Nigerian citizens can visit up to 44 COUNTRIES without a visa or with little paperwork involved. You now have one less thing to think about when you travel.
It is very important to remember that these countries have requirements sometimes so for you to be allowed in some countries, you will have to meet these their requirements. It is very important to show your travel itinerary, return flight, vaccination card (yellow card), hotel reservation and proof of sufficient funds. Basically, prove you have no intention or reason to overstay.
As a fellow nigerian, i know the struggle we go through when we want to travel. Sometimes, it seems like the world is against nigerians but we have to be positive because 44 countries are still pretty nice for a traveller and it could always be worse.
Yes, i know many of you want to go to the US or Canada or the UK, but unfortunately, they don’t want us as much as we want them so let’s stick to these visa free countries.
So, what countries are these? Let’s see.
1. Bangladesh: Bangladesh is a country in Asia right next to India and offers nigerian passport holders free 30-day visa upon arrival. You need to show a return ticket and proof of sufficient funds.
2. Barbados: Six months visa free. Yaaaas, Barbados, yaaaas.
You now have two reasons to go to Barbados.
3. Republic of Benin: Visa free. Yes, i was there and it is the truth. Good thing is Benin is next to Nigeria, no need for flights.
4. Burkina Faso: I know you’ve always wanted to visit Thomas Sankara’s land. Guess who is the lucky nigerian that can go visa-free.
5. Burundi: 30 days visa on arrival at Bujumbura international Airport.
6. Cameroon: Thank God for ECOWAS, visa free.
7. Cape Verde: I fell in love with this beautiful country with its beautiful people. They speak portuguese and creole. It’s visa free but don’t go because you will fall in love and never return. I am telling you.
8. Chad: Another ECOWAS brother. Visa free.
9. Comoros: You may not know the Comoros island but now you do, because it is visa free.
10. Cote d’Ivoire: Oh my God, i can still taste the attiéké and the poisson braisé. Ivory Coast is a country for you to eat and eat until your stomach explodes.
Look at this and tell me you don’t want to travel.
11.Djibouti. Careful with pronounciation. Visa on Arrival.
12. Dominica: Visa for 21 days.
13. Fiji: Visa free 4 months. Of course, any nigerian that can get to Fiji deserves 4 months visa free, and a medal.
14. Gambia: 90 days visa free and still got only 30 at the border.
15. Ghana: No visa and FREE JOLLOF IF YOU BOOK WITH IDEYGO. Not really, or maybe yes, who knows?
16. Guinea: Visa free Entry. Learn some french before you go to avoid headaches.
17. Guinea Bissau: 90 days visa free.
18. Haiti: 3 months visa free entry to Haiti, isn’t that lovely?
19. Iran: Visa on Arrival, yes, but just in case, get your visa online before you go. If you have questions, ask us.
20. Kenya: Nigerians get Visa on arrival in Kenya. You can also get an East African eVisa that covers Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda.
21. Liberia: Visa free.
22. Madagascar: Visa on arrival for 90 days.
23. Maldives: Visa for 30 days.
24. Mali: Visa free
25. Mauritania: Visa on arrival at Nouakchott airport.
26. Micronesia: Free visa for 30 days.
27. Mozambique: Visa on arrival for 30 days.
28. Nauru: Visa on arrival
29. Republic of Niger: No visa.
30. Palau: Visa on Arrival.
31. Samoa: Visa on arrival for 60 days.
32. Senegal: No visa but if you go by land, they have lots of checkpoints before you get to the border so bring cash.
33. Seychelles: Intending visitors to Seychelles are advised to apply for a 1-month extendable visa. Admission to Seychelles will be denied if a visa is not issued prior to arrival in the country.
34. Sierra Leone: Free visa in this lovely country. And you’re lucky, they speak english and pidgin (krio) just like nigerians.
35. Somalia: I know you may not be excited but nigerians get visa on Arrival in Somalia for 30 days at the airport.
36. Sri Lanka: You will need “Electronic Travel Authorization” that will enable 30 days stay.
37. Tanzania: Nigerians get visa at entry point, upon arrival in Tanzania.
38. Timor-Leste: Visa on Arrival for 30 days.
39. Togo: Visa free.
40. Tuvalu: 1-month visa on Arrival at Tuvalu.
41. Uganda: Visa on Arrival or eVisa.
42. Vanuatu: Free 30 days stay without a visa.
43. Georgia: The European country offers Nigerians visa on arrival. Lol, better get a visa beforehand.
44. Mauritius: Visa free for 90 days. Seems like islands love nigerians.
So, this is all. I hope you’re happy to see the countries and experiences waiting for you. Especially the ghanaian jollof, the attiéké and Rihanna waiting for you in Barbados. How could you miss that?
Any doubts about flights, hotels, tours and visas, use the contact form and we will reply as soon as possible.
And let us know in the comments what country will you visit first.